With many couples putting off having a child, the reality of facing reduced fertility as age increases means that infertility is going to be more likely. As a woman ages, her levels of estrogen normally decrease which means that the chances of becoming pregnant drastically decrease with advanced age. For a couple trying to conceive, a decrease in estrogen levels means the biological clock is ticking and time is of the essence.
When it comes time to conceive a baby and a woman is experiencing low estrogen levels, there can be all types of problems which can occur. There are ways in which a female can increase estrogen levels naturally and thereby increasing her chances of becoming pregnant in the process. Estrogen is the hormone which is important to pregnancy because it makes the endometrial lining prepare for growing an embryo, with low levels or no estrogen present, recurrent miscarriages are likely to happen.
There are a variety of different ways in which a woman can increase estrogen levels naturally, which include dietary and lifestyle adjustments. There are also supplements which will greatly benefit and improve estrogen levels naturally:
- Vitamin C: the adrenal glands use massive amounts of vitamin C all day long and during times of stress, extra vitamin C can help improve health and function of the immune system.
- Bromelain: extracted from pineapple and has been proven to promote endometrial growth.
- Antioxidant rich foods which contain alpha lipoic acids, pycogenol, green tea and resveratrol.
- Silymarin: aids in the function of the liver and can help remove toxins and impurities, which allows for better functioning of the endocrine system and ovaries.
- Omega-3 Fatty acids: used by the endocrine system and aids in the balancing of hormones in the body.
- B-complex vitamins: can help improve the negative effects of stress and can help improve the production of sex hormones.
When trying to conceive, estrogen levels play a direct role in a healthy pregnancy and conception. If it is suspected that a woman has insufficient levels of estrogen in the blood, consulting with a fertility specialist and making the necessary dietary and lifestyle can all aid in improving health and increase fertility naturally for a couple trying to have a baby.